Monday 14 April 2014

Thai Style Mushrooms

Today I have been cooking a Thai influenced dish. This is very simple to make.

Here are the ingredients:

1 Pound of Mushrooms
2 Red Onions, Quartered
5 Garlic Cloves cut into 4 pieces
2 Tablespoons Powdered Coconut
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
4 Slices of Canned Pineapple, cut into 8 pieces
2 Tablespoons of Honey

Some people do not feel that honey is vegan. You may switch this ingredient for another one. I often use Xyla as a sweetener, but it is quite expensive. It usually costs $10 for a bag which is medium sized. I heated the coconut oil and onions. Then I started adding mushrooms which I cut in half along with the garlic. Then I added soy sauce and the rest of the ingredients. I cooked this in a cast iron frying pan. 

Universal Housewares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Piece Skillet Set

No comments:

Post a Comment